Saturday, August 29, 2009

August 26, 2009
First off; it would be great to hear from some of you . . . if the spirit is telling you "wow, its been a while since i have written Jared." . . . then yes, it's you I want to hear from.
Hello from Manaus! Sadly I was transfered from my wonderful area and my amazing friend Elder Orr. I am missing them so much. Elder Orr has become one of my greatest friends. It was hard to leave him. Now I am officially intermingling with the Manaus missionaries. I am so thankful for Pres. Milder and all the things I learned from him. These last months are going to be... different. I am going to need to pray a lot. Edilson was baptized last Friday. WHEW! FINALLY! It was a beautiful baptism. The spirit was so strong. He was baptized in his very own pool. Dad, you should buy a pool for us to baptize people in it! And then I got transfered on Sat. Except here in Manaus you find out about your transfer and then you don't leave for like two more days so I had time to say goodbye to people. Kerolainy was so sad. She bore her testimony to me when I left. She turned into quite the saint. She is having family home evening with her family and is really trying to get her family to go to church with her. Elder Orr and I left the area with a possiblity to baptize six people this Sunday. At Edilsons baptism, his wife felt the spirit and wanted to be baptized as well. She will be baptized as well this Sunday. A girl who had been visiting church as long as I was there will be baptized this Sunday as well. Her family would not let her be baptized but finally they said she could. Also there are two people from a small town near by that will be baptized. Then we have two other people who went to church who could also be baptized! AH it was so hard for me to leave that area!!!!! I loved it so much! Last night we marked a baptism for this Sunday here. So this Sunday we will baptize! Yay!

No comments: