Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hello,
Well last week was an adventure! As I said last week I wasn't feeling good, and my companion was feeling worse. We went to the hospital to a little check up on the bump in my arm. While I was doing that my companion got his blood tested for Denge Fever. I found out that I need to have surgury done on my arm to remove the bump, however the mission doctor told me to wait until after the mission to have it done. So I´ll need to have surgury done after the mission. Anyway after my tests, my companion found out he had Denge. They just told him to take Tylenol. So I didn't do the test because all they were going to say was "yes, you have Denge Fever, take Tylenol." So I just figured I had it too. My companion got it worse, but I was sick as well. We spent the entire last week in bed. It's one of those weird tropical fevers that you get from mosquitos. Your body hurts and when the fever passes your body breaks out in a rash. Thank goodness it all over. My companion is really sad because he only has one week left really to work and he had to spend a lot of that time sick.
Funny story: I was feeling sick so my brain was out of it! During district meeting, the District leader was teaching us something... I don't remember because I was BRAIN DEAD. Anyway he looked at me and asked, "Elder Perry- what chapter in Preach My Gospel can we use to learn how to work with members?" I stated back with boldness "14". When I said that it went completely silent and I started thinking, "What did i just say? Chapter 14? Preach My Gospel only has 13 chapters." So I quickly yelled "Oh sorry, Chapter 13." And I thought I had saved myself. Really he was wanting me to say Chapter 9. I dont know! I was so tired. Everyone just started laughing at me and I felt like such a respectable Zone Leader who really knows his Preach my Gospel.
Wow, I have some great converts here. Laide is doing SO good. I love her. She studys her scriptures so much. Jaine is doing so good. She is keeping the commandments and invites her friends to come to church with her. Rubens reads the Book of Mormon everyday. He lives super far away from church so it's hard for him to go . . . if the members don't go get him he doesn't go. It's a good thing the church plans on putting a branch were he lives.
Sorry my life has not been to cool lately. We are just trying to find people to teach. We had lots of people to teach but now . . . we are having a hard time finding them.
I love you all.
Elder Perry

No comments: