Thursday, June 11, 2009

June 3, 2009
My brain is fried! So I think my letter will be full of spelling errors and won't be that exciting! Why is my brain fried? Well Sunday after church Elder Newby was complaining about being sick. We worked that day but towards the end of the day he couldn't even walk anymore. I told him that night that he could not get out of bed on Monday morning. We stayed in the house on Monday and then on Tuesday he was feeling better but I got the same thing, so we have not worked this entire week. We have just stayed home dieing together. We didn't have any baptisms on Sunday. All the members were surprised. We have lots of people who could be baptized this Sunday- but we are sick so we are having a hard time teaching them. Elder Newby is going to go home in three weeks. So that means Elder Winegar is going home in three weeks as well.
We had a activity last Saturday that was so fun. We had "A night in the MTC." When the members showed up we gave them mission calls. They went to different rooms and they learned some words in different languages. I taught FRENCH! ha ha ha Le Livre de mormon! I probably taught it all wrong! We had other room like, USA, Bolivia and Portugal. Then we taught the members some missionary skills: how to invite a friend to church, how to give a Book of Mormon to a friend, how to invite a friend to an activity and how to make a street contact. It was really cool. An investigator liked the activity so much she wants to be baptized, however she is not married!

No comments: