Wednesday, July 1, 2009






June 17, 2009
Hey everyone, how are you?
Hey so this will be my letter.
pictures: my district:(front row, left to right) Elder C. Silva, he is cool. I don't really know him that well, but he is a nice guy. Elder Pereira, he is great. He is working hard. Elder Paulino, our district leader. He is doing a great job. He is a super dude! Elder Newby, my beloved companion. I love Elder Newby and I have learned so much from him. He has so much knowledge of the gospel. Just talking with him strengthens my testimony. He is super!( back row, left to right) Elder Head, he got into the mission in Dec. and speaks better Portuguese than me! He works so hard. He's just kinda one of those easy going, quiet kids who just works like crazy. Elder Carreira, a new guy as well. Works hard and has huge desire to make his week things into strong things. Elder Luciano, not even a real missionary ha ha. He is 18 yrs old. Here in Brazil they let boys or girls serve missions without really being called to prepare for the mission. They wear the name tag and everything. Cool huh? I don't know if they have that in Utah, because I have never heard of it before my mission. So he lives in Cuiaba and is serving for two months here in Porto Velho. He is SO amazing. I have done some splits with him. He´s going to be a killer missionary. He is always so happy. Works hard. He is just so good. Then there is me! The other picture is of Pres. Milder, Elder Newby, me and Sister Milder. This was the last time I´ll see them. They are leaving so they came to teach us for the last time and then they said goodbye to us. Pres. Milder taught about of pre-earth life! His knowledge of the gospel is huge! Just imagine an ex-seventy teaching you about the pre-mortal life! My knowledge grew so much. It opened my vision to what it was like there and why we are here in this earth life. Sister Milder also taught us about time and vision. How we need to have a vision of what the Lord want s us to do and then use the time he has given us to do it. She is great. I will miss them so much. They showed so much love to us. After the fireside they hugged every single one of us and told us they wanted all of us in the Celestial Kingdom with them, because we are like their sons. He told us we had to hug them then walk out the door and go to work because "the elect of God are waiting in the street." He always said that to us. When we went out some of the Elders planned to wait outside to sing "God be with you till we meet again." When they came outside we started to sing. After the song Pres. Milder said, "hmmm, you disobeyed me." Just to show how strict he is. Then he said "Thank you, we love you , bye." And that was it. I won't see him for a while. Pres. Milder is amazing. Elder Scott, one time, grabbed him by the tie, and said "You need to speak English!" He has such a strong testimony. Elder Eyering has also told him he needs to repent and learn English because the world needs his testimony. He is learning English now. I´ll miss him and Sister Milder. Other than that- not much has happened. We are looking for investigators to teach. We taught a lady named Margarida yesterday so we´ll see where that goes. She told us after the lesson that she thinks all the churches are true. Lots of people say that here- because there are so many churches. I replied by saying something like "when God created the earth, he put Adam and Eve in the Garden of Eden. Can you imagine Adam going to HIS church and Eve going to another? And do you think Moses was a member of one church, and Noah was a member of another. And Abraham was a member of another, ect. No, they were all members of the same church, the only true church. We want you to pray tonight to see if this is the same and only true church." She understood so lets see what happens. Well I love you all so much but I need to go. I know this church is the SAME church that Adam, Moses, and all the prophets were members of, the only true church.
Elder Perry

No comments: