Friday, July 31, 2009

July 22, 2009
Why Hello!
Why yes! I love being a missionary! Well things have changed. I am no longer with Elder Windley but with Elder Orr. We are still in Tancredo Neves which is great because this area is so good! Insanely good! Elder Orr is from Salt Lake City. He is so cool. He played Volleybal and footbal for Skyline. He has 11 months in the mission. He is super cool. I have had some great companions while in the mission. I just cherish every moment of my mission. He was Elder Wrights companion in the CTM. Can you believe its already been 9 months since I trained Elder Wright? It's crazy to think that I have 19 months in the mission! Can you believe that? I still feel so young and lost. I still feel like I have no idea what I am doing! I told Elder Orr that and he started laughing at me. My mind and body are starting to show signs of being old. I am triping a lot and sometimes I'll be walking down the street and I'll realize the investigator lives in the other direction. However, I have not lost my desire to just keep on goin´! I love my mission so much! I was released from my calling as Zone leader. I am a senior companion. Pres. Jayme released 6 of the eight zone leaders here. I like just being a senior. He closed two zones and now their is just one zone in Rondonia and one zone in Acre. I am way excited to work with Elder Orr. I love seeing the fruits of our labors. Kerolainy is doing so good. She is going to speak in Sacrament Meeting this Sunday. I think I'll sit on the back row and just cry! Last sunday I went to teach Keroaliny and when we got to her house four girls from the branch walked outside. We taught them and during the lesson I realized that I had baptized 3 of the four girls. It was very special to me. They were talking about how they have plans to go to the temple together! The three girls were Kerolainy, Jaine and Juliana. They are all doing so great. Laide moved to a different ward and I was really worried she would fall away. Moving a recent convert to a different ward is scary and risky. She handled it well, and is still going strong! Wow, a girl just walked passed me and rubbed my back as she passed! These brazilain girls . . . I almost screamed! Other than great times, great friendships and desperate girls I have nothing more to say! I love you so much and I LOVE serving the Lord and his church which I know is true!
Love, Elder Perryzito

No comments: