Wednesday, October 14, 2009


How are you all? I am doing well. Things are just going and going and the time is just passing by. It's rather scary actually, because I walked into the mission office to talk to the executive sec. because he is in my zone. I walked into his office and saw him buying my plane ticket! Yikes! I still feel like I have a lot to do. And I really can't see myself stopping to work hard or start talking about home and stuff. I just want to endure to the end. Well last week we baptized Thais. She is Elizany´s daughter. Elizany was baptized two weeks ago. So it was nice to see her daughter be baptized. This week we are teaching Gilmara and her son, Alex. They are so amazing! Well this story goes way back. My patriarchal blessing talks about me enjoying the blessings of the temple while on my mission. I would think about that and think ... "how can I see the blessing of the temple when I don't have a temple close to me?" Finally I started to understand what my blessing was talking about. I was changed to a mission that doesn't have a temple... yet. Also I found a family who baptized. Then we found Gilmara. Gilmara and her husband received the lessons from the missionaries a few months ago but as she puts it " I closed my heart to the message." After the missionaries had stopped passing by because she never read or prayed or went to church, her husband passed away. After all this happened her husband's sister just happened to be a member and talked to her a little bit about the plan of salvation. They passed us the refferal and we taught her. She read and prayed and told us she regrets closing her heart the first time. We marked her date for her and then later for her son and they will be baptized this Sat. The thing is, is that we taught her about temples and how she can have someone perform her husbands baptism and also how she can be sealed to him. It's amazing to SEE THE BLESSINGS OF THE TEMPLE! I love being a missionary because of moments like these. I cannot explain my love for serving a mission. I have learned so much, about myself, others and the gospel. I love listening to the spirit tell me what I should do. I know I only have a few months left so I am going to give it all I've got. I am thankful for the trials I have faced while here in the mission because they have encouraged me to pray and have hope. We all have Fridays in our lives, Sunday will always come. I love my Savior and I am so thankful for the atonement. It's amazing to think he has felt everything I have felt. I loved the talk by Elder Holland when he talked about how God had to leave him alone in order for him to understand everything we would feel. I just love being a missionary and I don't like to think about going home because its weird and doesn't seem real.

No comments: